- Welcome to GMPCS Personal Communications. For billing or account information please login.
Thrane & Thrane Explorer 700 BGAN
TT-EXP-700 Support Information
EXPLORER 700 is the all-time expert device for voice and broadband data communications from anywhere in the world. The terminal is the number one choice in durability and versatility being able to withstand severe geographical conditions such as humidity, dust, extreme weather and changing temperatures. The outstanding specifications of EXPLORER 700 provide you and your colleagues with access to the highest bandwidth available on the BGAN network – up to 492 kbps.
- Type: Explorer 700
- IP data rate, Rx/Tx:* 492kbps/492kbps (simultaneously)
- Streaming IP:(guaranteed bandwidth) 32, 64, 128, 256kbps
- DC input range: 10-32VDC
- Standby mode: 1.2W (typical)
- Transmit mode: 18W (typical)
- During charging: 60W (max.)
INMARSAT THRANE & THRANE EXPLORER 700 FAQ’s
Where can I get BGAN LaunchPad?
It may be included on the CD that came with your BGAN terminal. Alternatively, click on the following link to download it to your CD or Flash memory so you’ll always have it with you. http://www.inmarsat.com/Support/BGAN/LaunchPad.aspx
The first time you use your BGAN terminal it is always best to check the above website for any updates.
Do I need to have 3D GPS fix or will 2D be sufficient?
It is strongly recommended to have a 3D GPS fix on the unit before registering for phone or text. To acquire this when powering up the unit:
- Make sure the antenna is flat and horizontal to the sky.
- On the display you will see a rating number of DBHZ. Press the C (left arrow button) to clear.
- Use the down arrow to scroll down to properties, press OK (right arrow button).
- Use down arrow to select GPS status and press OK (right arrow button). The display will show status bars with the text “Acquiring GPS” at top of display screen. When the unit is done acquiring GPS, the unit will display “GSP Acquired”.
- At this time, you can place the antenna at a 45 degree incline and point towards the direction of the satellite. Press C (left arrow button) and press OK to point now.
How can I use LaunchPad to verify the GPS fix?
BGAN LaunchPad can be used to check the GPS fix, the software version of the unit and signal strength. To do this click Help from the menu bar and select “Diagnostic Report”. If you see any other GPS rating, such as “Acquiring” or “2D”, the unit should be powered off and you will need to repeat the process to acquire a 3D GPS fix.
The software version of the Thrane & Thrane Explorer 300 terminal should be V. 2.04 while the BGAN LaunchPad software should be 3.9.0 for XP or VISTA operating systems, 3.8.0 for Mac’s using Intel hardware and 3.7.3 for Mac’s without Intel hardware. The signal strength should be above 50 for optimal performance.
Please refer to the User Manual or Getting Started guides for additional information. Click on the Download tab from this web page to download these and other useful documents.
Can I use a web interface instead of the BGAN LaunchPad with the Thrane & Thrane terminals?
Yes, open your web browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address line. From here you can make changes to your terminal settings and start or stop a data connection. Please refer to the User Manual for additional information. If necessary, click on the Download tab on this screen page to download the User Manual.
Where can I get firmware for the BGAN terminal?
Click on the following link to obtain BGAN firmware for the Thrane & Thrane Explorer 500 terminal: http://www.inmarsat.com/Support/BGAN/Firmware.aspx?language=EN&textonly=False
Where can I get USB drivers for the BGAN terminal?
Click on the following link to obtain BGAN USB drivers for the Thrane & Thrane Explorer 500 terminal: http://www.inmarsat.com/Support/BGAN/Software_drivers.aspx?language=EN&textonly=False
How can I do a “Factory Reset” on the Thrane & Thrane BGAN terminal?
- From your computer, click on Start, then Run and then type in CMD.
- In the command line enter “telnet 192.168.0.1 5454” (without the quote marks) to bring up a blank DOS screen with a blinking cursor.
- Type “AT” and press the ENTER key, you should receive an “OK” response.
- Type in capital letters “AT+CMAR=1234” (without the quote marks)
- If done properly, the Thrane & Thrane unit will then reboot.
To execute the reset via LaunchPad:
Choose “Terminal” tab then go to “Reset to Factory Default”. Enter the Security code 1234 and the terminal will reboot.
Select a carrier to send an SMS message to:
To apply as a Dealer, please complete fill out the